"then wilt thou not be loath to leave this Paradise, but shalt possess a paradise within thee, happier far. Let us descend now therefore from this top of speculation; for the hour precise exacts our parting hence" Paradise Lost, Book XII, lines585-590

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stepping Off

Well, since this new I think I should try to articulate what I'm up to. I am going to seminary in preparation for being ordained as a priest in the Episcopal Church.  Frankly, this amazes me.  For a large portion of my life, I thought Christians were kind of creepy and becoming one, let alone a "professional" one still kind of surprises me, but there it is.  Hopefully, I haven't become creepy in the process.  At any rate, I go to school full time at Bexley Hall seminary, I serve at a parish which is in a particularly hard up neighborhood that I absolutely love, and I work part time as a chaplain at a local hospital.  I also work part time in the office at school where I kind of do technology "stuff" and communications.  On top of all of that I'm also married and have a toddler daughter.  In other words, I'm kind of busy.  Which should be enough to fill up my time that I shouldn't be writing essays online (sorry, blogging - I'm kind of old) but I'm hoping that this could be a place to process all of the stuff that happens elsewhere and which is hopefully preparing me for stepping into a church someday and being the priest that they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment