"then wilt thou not be loath to leave this Paradise, but shalt possess a paradise within thee, happier far. Let us descend now therefore from this top of speculation; for the hour precise exacts our parting hence" Paradise Lost, Book XII, lines585-590

Sunday, April 3, 2011

RIP, Reynolds Price

I just found out that author Reynolds Price died recently.  I never met him face to face, but it was while reading his book Three Gospels that I felt the urge to be baptized.  So for that, I am grateful.  I think it is hard for us to comprehend the many and varied ways each of us may touch the life of another.  I know I wish I was more mindful of the things I say offhandedly, or the ways in which I don't slow down enough to notice or appreciate the people I come into contact with every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment